Imperium Vividae
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freelance website for the creative mind. Where anything you can dream up can be played out. Join us and see what we have to offer.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:30 pm
Statistics
We have 56 registered users
The newest registered user is Sedyr

Our users have posted a total of 3898 messages in 297 subjects
Affiliates
Suffer The Children
Lunari Addunt
Directories
RPGD Topsites
Shadowplay Topsites

Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:57 pm

Aislynn watched Doyle with interest as he spoke on the phone. She could gather that it was the lady that chased them which only made her feel bad that Doyle had helped her. It wasn't like she had asked him too but it still felt like she should have refused and flew out of there. She took another while he finished his phone call and chewed slowly. "Where would I hide? They know my face. I think they will hunt me down.... it's not often that my people banish people from the realm."

Aislynn shook her head, setting the pizza down and getting to her feet. "I think I have cost you too much... I should probably go now...." She didn't want to put him in danger and she knew that she would be able to run from the men that looked for her without endangering anyone. She would go to the forested areas and live there to keep the violence away from people who did not deserve it. She took a step to the door but was stopped by Blaze who rubbed against her leg again. She bent down to pet the cat along its back, "Don't worry little one. I can take care of myself." She patted the cat lightly on its head, smiling kindly to the animal.

Aislynn made her way to the door and grasped the handle before turning her head to look at Doyle. "Thank you for your help and the food. I will not be your problem any longer." With that said she hurried out of the door before he could say anything and ran to the street, scanning everything and everyone for any sign of danger.
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Doyle managed a laugh. “Don’t be. My partner Quinn always told me the time wasted saying sorry is better used to making better choices. What’s done is done.” And like an eerie connection had been filtering through him, his cell phone rang, Quinn’s number clear as day on the screen. “Speaking of which….. Doyle here,” he said, flipping the device open.

“Where are you?” she demanded, loud enough for even Aislynn to hear.

“I’m fine. I headed into town, got separated,” he lied, glancing at the woman who seemed enthralled with the pizza. “What happened? Did you scout the building?”

“Uh, no. I was busy trying to figure out where my partner went!” she hissed.

Everything went silence, Doyle’s mind included. He hated when Quinn acted like a complete bitch. “I’ll meet you at base tomorrow,” he said finally and hung up. His hands were shaking. He didn’t like how uncertain things were. “I have to find a better place to hide you…”
Back to top Go down
https://imperiumvividae.rpg-board.net
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:17 pm

United States Army? She knew what they were and their function. She was taught about each country that posed a threat to the world. At least, it was how Rosen saw the world. She never knew what his connection was. Only that he was taking care of her and teaching her about her new abilities. Only recently had she learned that she was meant to be a weapon, to harm people. She felt awkward when Doyle stopped asking question and turned on the TV. She was on the local news channel. It looked like she made quite a commotion but no one knew the thing behind her bright light. Luckily they did not get a shot of her. She would have to be more careful in the future.

Aislynn nearly jumped out of her chair much like Blaze did. She did not run though. fear kept her paralyzed. Had they found them already? When he opened the door she relaxed considerably. Only the delivery boy. She was too scared for her own good it would seem. "Thank you..." It was more than a thanks for the pizza but more for everything he had done so far. He had risked his job because of her, his disbelief that she could be a weapon. It saved her life and now she owed him. She opened the pizza box and grabbed a slice of cheese, her favorite pizza and her favorite food. Cheese. How she loved it. She took a bite, chewing slowly and savoring the taste. Once she swallowed she looked up at Doyle, "I am sorry too..."
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:13 pm

“You ask a lot of questions,” he mumbled, and picked up the phone. As he was ordering the pizza—half pepperoni, half cheese—Doyle’s mind wandered back to Quinn and the facility. Because of the light and Aislynn’s suddenly take in flight, no one made it into the building to check things out. His grip tightened on the phone. What if there were more out there like her? He hung up after placing the order and sighed heavily. His stomach churned uneasily and he idly wondered if he could even stomach food.

“I worked for the United States military. As for you…I can’t answer any of that, honestly.” He flopped back down onto the couch and reached for the remote, curious to see if the blinding light had made the news yet. It had only been an hour since he found Aislynn, but with something this big, the military was eager to keep things under wraps. Especially since one of their own was potentially involved.

Sure enough, the second he turned on the television, a news van was spotted on the docks, the reporter questioning the light. Possible alien landing? Government cover up? A newly devised weapon? Well, they weren’t so far from the truth.

After twenty minutes of excruciating silence and bland news reports, the doorbell finally rang. Frightened, Blaze high tailed it away from Aislynn and hid behind the couch, peeking out when Doyle opened the door. The smell of pizza wafted into the room like a heaven had been placed right before them. Doyle paid the delivery boy and shut the door, motioning toward the pizza. “There ya go.”
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Aislynn smiles to Blaze as she came back to her. She picked up the cat with care and petted her. Stroking the soft fur absentmindedly she listened to the Doyle intently. He didn't believe her. That much was easily readable but he had doubts in his disbelief. After all he did see her other form. She nodded to him, "I couldn't change forms easily at first and still its painful but it has gotten easier. The magic took longer to come back." She caught the water bottle in the air. She moved to the couch and sat down, feeling a little more comfortable. "I am not sure that I am weaker as in my realm I wasn't capable of magic. My beast form was strong, fearless and could breathe fire. This place is different. I heard Rosen say something about the physics of the realms were different and that's why the change when I came here. He thinks that is why I have magic here as well."

Aislynn smiled, "Pizza sounds great!" She opened her bottle of water and took a sip from it. "Why did you help me? Who do you work for? Why does everyone want to use me as a weapon? I don't get it.. I just want to live in peace. I can control my actions now and I do not wish to be harming others..."
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:04 pm

It was difficult for him to completely comprehend her story. To her, it made perfect sense, yet to him… He coughed, breaking the growing tension. A place of magic and wonder hardly rang true in his ears, yet in some odd fashion, it explained the brilliant light and the wings protruding from this woman’s back earlier. He laughed and closed his eyes. So much for fairy tales being just that…tales. Blaze jumped down and returned to Aislynn after sticking her claws in Doyle’s back one last time. He yelped and sat up, glaring daggers at the furball.

“Okay, so let me see if I’m understanding all of this correctly, alright?” He swallowed and inhaled sharply, readying himself for a reception of her words. “You’re from another realm. You were created, not born. You have two versions of yourself, one this version I see now and the other being some kind of angel…thing. In your realm, your angel form was some kind of beast…?” He paused, shaking his head. This was complete nonsense. “Say this is all real and I’m not losing my mind…. If you sent here because there’s no magic, shouldn’t you be significantly weaker? As in, you can’t destroy a whole planet?”

He stood and walked over to the refrigerator and took out two bottles of water and tossed one to her. It had been so long since he’d been in his apartment, he was sure the cupboards were barren aside from can’s of cat food. “How’s pizza sound?”
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:59 pm

Aislynn laughed at the cat's antics. She stood near the door and made no move to go anywhere. She didn't know how to act in this world, let alone in someone's home, and really was given free reign in Dr. Rosen's facility. Manners had not mattered much to Rosen. "Pizza... spaghetti... sandwhiches... all kinds of stuff... I've never had fish though...."

She looked to him and sighed, "I am from a land called Jagara's Scar or better known as the Badlands. It's a place filled with Magic. It's not of this dimension but of another. A scary place when one isn't accepted..." She grew quiet for a moment. "I was not born like any other person. I was created by a sorcerer of sorts. I was suppose to be a creature that could shift forms at will and control the other form from within. Unfortunately I was the only working creation and I couldn't control the creature inside. I was vicious... killing... slaughtering... so many..." Her eyes became misty with the memories of what she had done. "The Council locked me away which helped for a time but they had decided to send me away to a different place. A place where magic didn't exist. I ended up here. I thought I would have a chance to be normal but when Rosen's men came toward me with guns I got frightened and the creature inside came out. I was different. No longer a beast but something of beauty. I could control myself."
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:49 pm

“Can’t say owning a tiger would be a good idea,” Doyle stated, continuing to watch Blaze’s reaction. “She seems to like you, which is rare. It usually takes a few sessions before she approaches anyone openly.” He heaved a sigh of relief and flopped down onto his couch. The apartment was tiny, used only for sleep and bathing mostly. Maybe a quiet night of TV gazing. He lifted his head to look at Aislynn one more time. “So…how did you get to earth, if you are in fact not crazy and from another planet.” Then again, she could be from another planet and crazy.

When Aislynn set Blaze down, the cat leapt onto Doyle’s back and began patting him down, extending her claws out. “Blaze!” he shouted, turning over. The cat simply shifted with him and continued patting at him and purring, as if to inquired where he’d been most of the day. “The place that kept you, did they bring you anything in particular to eat? I can’t say I have that much confidence that ‘mortal food’ wouldn’t kill you or something.”
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:39 pm

Aislynn nodded to his suggestion. She wanted to see how everyone lived. Her world may be ruled by magic but the machines they had were large, clunky and steam powered. Here they were tiny and large and she saw nothing to show that they were steam powered at all. It was fascinating. She wanted to know how they did it and by looking at them she hoped that she would find out. While they walked, she tried to capture everything in her mind like a photograph but there was so much to see.

Aislynn was caught off guard when Doyle said that the building she was looking at was his home. She didn't realize that they were already there. She wrinkled her nose as the fresh paint drifted to her. She followed Doyle up the stairs and into his apartment. Looking at everything she could. This world was so much different than hers. She looked into the apartment with the same curiosity that she had held throughout their entire walk. She was used to someone's home to be lit by candles, magical objects set out on an altar somewhere but this was so very different.

Aislynn stepped inside and was greeted by a black cat. She smiled and bent down to pick up the little creature. "Hello Blaze..." She stroked the cat kindly from head to tail. Purring could be heard as she continued to pet the cat. A different kind of smile was on her face. One of happiness. "She's nice..", her soft words escaping her. "We have creatures like this back home... although they are bigger... way bigger. I think they would be similar to lions... or tigers.... Rosen was teaching me about the creatures here..."
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Doyle couldn’t help but notice the intrigue written over Aislynn’s delicate features. Despite the glances of others, she remained focused on the simplest of objects, as though she could decipher their purpose just by staring at it long enough. Even when she looked at people who danced to the music blaring in their headphones she seemed to be engulfed by curiosity. She almost reminded him of his cat when he first brought her home. She had gone up to every little thing to make sure it was okay before she finally settled down.

He sighed, frustrated, at her comment. For all he knew mortal ‘nourishment’ could just as easily kill her rather than sustain. Maybe eating in public wasn’t the greatest of ideas, but what else could he do? Then again, what if Quinn actually made it into town looking for them? He stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and looked at Aislynn thoughtfully before his shoulders slumped forward and his sharp eyes faltering into exhaustion. This was all way too much. His apartment was likely safer for the time being, knowing that Quinn wouldn’t phone back to headquarters until she knew he was alright. The woman had a dangerous one track mind at times.

“Let’s go back to my home,” he suggested slowly, careful to make each word clear to her. The last thing he wanted was for her to freak out and create another flash of light and give away their location. “It’s safe there and we can eat. It will give you a chance to see your surroundings better, okay?” Doyle showed her his hands as if to remind her he hadn’t a single weapon in tow, that her free will was still her own. “Okay?” Upon seeing the slight shake of her head, he started walking again. A taxi would be faster, but considering her fascination with everything else, she may be hesitate to get into a large metal box with wheels in it. Not to mention the driver of the car was likely to ask unwanted questions.

After a good twenty minutes of walking, they finally arrived at a small building with several neatly placed windows. A slight breeze wafted the scent of fresh paint toward them, explaining the glimmering whiteness the building seemed to give off compared to the others around it. “This is where I live,” he explained. “Let’s go inside?” It was like speaking to a child. Doyle hadn’t the slightest idea just how much she knew or understood, or if a sudden impulse would run through her and all hell would break loose. Either way, they had gotten this far…. He led her inside, taking the stairs and avoiding the elevator altogether until they reached the third floor and went down about five feet to apartment 7b. There, he took out a key and unlocked the door, opening it wide for her to assess before entering.

As they entered, a small black cat greeted them, going straight toward Aislynn’s. The cat rubbed against the girls legs, purring as if Aislynn was a long lost friend. A smile spread across Doyle’s lips and he only hoped the girl wouldn’t freak out because of the cat. “Her name is Blaze,” he said softly. “She lives here with me.”
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Aislynn nodded to him, understanding that she was no longer allowed to use her magic though she couldn't use it in this form. Here in this realm, her magic was limited to being in her other form. She looked at Doyle as he changed, unaware of his thoughts but seeing his nervousness. She didn't like being around him either but where else could she go? Aislynn followed him for a short time, watching the people around them and looking at all the things such as building, lamp posts, and street signs. The things that grabbed her attention most was the people with earphones in dancing slightly to the music only they could hear. This world was very different than her own and even though she had been here for some time, she was secluded from all of this.

Aislynn turned her bright blue eyes at him, wonderment plainly written all over her face. When he asked about her realm though her smile faded, "My home... it's a wonderful place of magic. Alchemy, Conjuration and even the Dark Arts. The land is lush with plants and has the most amazing creatures imaginable but... the people are not accepting of change or the unknown." She hung her head for a moment before raising it again to focus on where she walked.

Aislynn looked at him like he was crazy, "I need to sustain myself just like you or any other animal.... I am hungry though... that... change takes a lot.."
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Was she serious? Doyle had witnessed this girl produced an inhuman light that filled a building, a light that engulfed Quinn’s boat and she wanted him to disarm? Ha! He licked his lips and glanced at his assault rifle. His grip tightened. How badly did he want answers? He had strayed from his orders to kill the target, yet even now as he faced the possibility of losing his job, he couldn’t see himself killing this strange girl. Simply because she wasn’t human, it made it okay to kill? “Okay,” he relented and tossed the gun aside. They were going to have to go through town to get to a safer location. Quinn and the others wouldn’t risk exposure if they cared enough for their jobs. Unlike him. “Just follow me, keep quiet, and whatever you do, DON’T make any strange lights, understood?”

Doyle shed his military armor and placed it further behind the old building with the hope of no one finding it. He stood before Aislynn in a green cotton t-shirt, his cargo pants, and boots. In the light, his dog tags glistened. He peered out around the corner, relieved to find the coast clear and motioned for Aislynn to follow. Like a normal, everyday pair, the two walked down the road as though none of the previous events ever occurred. “So, uh… What’s your ‘realm’ like?” he said, shallowly attempting to spark a conversation. He had no idea where to go that would be considered safe at this point. Harboring a dangerous weapon wasn’t something his commanding officers were just going to let go unnoticed.

The closer they got to the city, the more the streets became crowded. People, mainly men, gazed in awe at Aislynn. Their girlfriends nudged them angrily, pulling them along or walking away, while some women glared with envy. Doyle found it amusing, but worrisome at the same time. She was attracting too much attention. “Do you eat?” he asked, nodding toward a small café. They had to get out of the spotlight for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:10 pm

Aislynn climbed out of the boat unsteadily, using her wings to balance herself against the moving boat. She was happy to be on the wooden planks of the docks and watched as Doyle ran ahead. She shook herself out, mostly her wings. She didn't like putting her wings so close to her back. It rumpled the feathers. She quickly moved toward Doyle and sighed at his words. "Yes you will have answers but not from me essentially. She'll explain it in a moment." With question hanging in the air, she moved to the shadows and began to concentrate. Slowly the blonde hair turned brown and the the wings suddenly outstretched just before a blood curdling scream rang out. The wings slowly seem to disappear into her body and the armor seemed to melt away revealing a simple red dress. It was such a drastic physical change that it caused a lot of pain especially from the wings basically returning into her body.

Aislynn slumped to the ground for a moment, breathing heavy and heart thumping madly in her chest. A few moments later and her breathing became regular. She stood uneasily to her feet, holding the wall of crates as support. "You wanted answers... though I don't think you will believe them." She stepped closer to him. "I am not from this realm. I was not always what you call an angel." She was within earshot of him but her fear of him was still high. She was no longer the calm and collected Aislynn from moments before now she was scared and ready to run. "My story is a long one with a lot of questions. I would like to go somewhere so we aren't so exposed....and... can you put the gun away? I don't want to... harm anyone..."
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Please be alright, Quinn. It wasn’t like his partner to give up so easily. If she wasn’t physically harmed or ordered down, she would continue her pursuit. If what this creature said was true, then he had to leave Quinn in the dust if he expected answers. He approached another dock and approached it, thankful that no one else was around. He could only imagine the fascination and hysteria this woman’s presence would cause in a crowd of unsuspecting citizens. Especially if she could flash them like she had earlier.

Getting out, Doyle dashed to the backside of a nearby building and hunkered down in the tall weeds. Even the presence of a special ops soldiers would cause panic. He had to lay low as much as possible. He laughed suddenly and threw down his assault rifle. All that was assuming he could still call himself a soldier by the end of today. When Aislynn caught up, he picked the rifle up, but kept it facing south. “Alright, you owe me one hell of an explanation. Do whatever you have to do, but I want answers.”
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 12:27 am

Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) 1003eb11

Aislynn pushed Doyle away from her. "Get us out of here and I will explain everything." She was still calm and composed, different from the woman that stood before him at the docks only moments earlier. Her face was serious and showed no sign of fear. She moved from the back of the boat and sat near Doyle. Her movements were fluid even on the water where most never stood right. She turned her head to see behind them and noticed the boat was no longer chasing them. She appeared to relax a little and turned her eyes to the horizon. The sun was beginning to set, causing the sky to turn a beautiful orange and light up the water.

Aislynn looked at Doyle and decided his question deserved an answer for what he did for her. "First, I didn't harm anyone. Just a light to blind them momentarily. Someone told me it was similar to a Flash Bang?" The last sentenced was formed into a question, showing that she had no knowledge of such a thing. Her home world was primitive in technology but far advanced concerning magic and sorcery. She could tell you how to form many portals if they had the stuff from her world but ask her how to use a television and she is like a lost puppy.

"Angel... they told me I look like an Angel. Whatever that is. I don't normally look like this.", Aislynn spoke softly, her voice like a melody. She glanced behind once again and saw no sign of any pursuers. "I can try and explain everything once we aren't in the open. I need a few minutes to change into my normal form anyway. It isn't easy........."

Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) Img_2311
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:54 pm

Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) Doyle_11

She's got wings, Doyle. You're fuckin' crazy! What made him feel even crazier was the fact he was helping her escape. How could a girl with wings be a deadly weapon? The Sergeant definitely hadn't prepped him and Quinn on cases involving supernatural twists. It was illogical for God's sake! Kicking the boat into gear, they took off.

On the dock, Quinn hauled ass toward the second boat. Her assault rifle was loaded and ready the second she saw Doyle beside the winged being. She jump started the boat with ease and let only two other soldiers get on before she took off.

"Quinn, what the hell are you doing!?"

Ignoring the franticly confused cries, she took off after her partner, ignorant to the danger she had placed herself in.

"What are you exactly?" Doyle inquired finally. He stared openly at her wings, unsure of what to think. This had to be some kind of dream or hallucination. It was the only logical that presented itself in the situation at hand. However, as his question remained unanswered, the same light that emitted from the building began to flood the boat.... "What are...?" He lurched forward, grabbing her hands as the ball of light burst forth toward Quinn's boat. "What did you do?! Did you kill them?" he demanded. "What are you?!"
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:35 pm

Aislynn folded her wings too her back as he spoke to her. She didn't answer him though. She didn't know how to respond. She hadn't hurt anyone so why would he want to harm her. She only wanted to be left alone. Things seemed to be happening like the events in her home world. She had been chased after dozens of times, sometimes barely making it out alive. She had been caught and beaten, tortures and interrogated before and defintely did not wish for that to happen again. She would blind him again if it was necessary for her to escape him. She just hoped that she was faster than a bullet.

Aislynn had been fighting a personality switch the whole time and succeeded in keeping it well hidden. When someone yelled his name, the rise in the other personality broke through the barrier that held it at bay until now. A sense of calm took over her body and her mind seemed clearer. Her eyes looked over Doyle, curiously, as if judging his next move. When he offered her an escape she smiled. She could leave with him now and then escape from him later. It was perfect.

Aislynn stared after him as he ran to the boat. She followed slowly as he tried to get the boat to start. She didn't really like water in this form. It messed with her flight if her wings were completely submerged. It made her weight heavier. If it was rain then she would have no problem whatsoever. Her top feathers repelled the water. They had learned this with various training exercises with Dr. Rosen. She was wary of the waster but as she heard the footsteps come closer and Doyle urging her to hurry  she decided it was not time for a such frets.

Aislynn ran to the boat and hopped in just before he took off. She looked behind them to ensure they had escaped safely but the people following them climbed into a boat and came after them. She watched carefully as they began closing the distance. If they couldn't get away here then she would be forced back into someone's plan whether it be Rosen's or another like him. A captive butterfly for someone's pleasure. She had no desire to be in that situation again. She stood from her seated position on the boat, rocking it slightly as she breathed in deep. She raised her hands and created a ball of blinding light that she sent from her toward the chasing boat. Just as it got within ten feet she caused the light to burst. It blinded the people on the boat. Yells of fright and confusion reached her ears and she smiled. The chances of freedom just got significantly higher. She took a seat and looked to Doyle, "Hurry!"

Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:46 pm

What did she think this was, a friendly negotiation? "You've got to be kidding me," he choked, laughing. "You just lit up half the damn sky and you think I'm just going to walk away?" The entire time Doyle stood with his rifle aimed at this girl, all he could think of was how bizarre the situation was. Maybe he hadn't woken up after all and was still fast asleep in his apartment, or maybe a drug trip? It hadn't been the first time an enemy used an hallucinagin as a defense.

"Are you...the weapon they talked about?" he asked finally. How in hell could such a frail looking girl possess the power of a weapon? How could anyone? Not unless it was a biological weapon. He waited for her response, but received none, much to his chagrin. "Look, I'm not the only one who is sent after you. I can't figure out this situation unless you help me out here."

"Doyle!"

Biting his lower lip, Doyle glanced behind him. Quinn was fast approaching. If they arrived, only a biting curiosity and a dead girl, more questions left than answered. He turned back to the girl and sighed deeply. "They're coming and I gotta say, this is a first for me. I've never questioned my orders until now. None of this makes sense, so how about we find somewhere less hostile to talk this out, hmm?" Slowly he lowered his gun. "I'm not gonna shoot."

Just off to the left, a motorboat was docked. It looked to be in working condition and at this point, it may as well be the only escape they had. Doyle motioned toward the boat. "Get in and we can go somewhere else, okay?" What the hell am I doing?

He looped the strap of his gun over his shoulder and made his way to the boat quickly. "Come on if you want to live," he urged, pulling the lever. The boat sputtered and groaned, protesting. He pulled it again with the same response. "Come on.... Come on...." After a third pull, the engine revved to life and a wide grin spread across Doyle's lips. "Here we go." To where, he hadn't the slightest idea.
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 1:43 pm

A land scarred by magic users, poisoned by centuries of warfare the land known as the Badlands, or as scholars insist upon calling it Jagara's Scar. This land is a desert with several oasis' and mountains protruding to the east. The inhabitants of this foreboding land have learnt to adapt in order to survive, nomads that never stay in one spot for long and only near a source of water. This land had not always been like this. Settlements and villages were more common, especially next to an oasis and along the mountains. Things have taken a turn for the worst.

In the years prior, a magic user, Jirem, had taken to trying to create humans with the ability to take different forms. At first it was a horrible failure. Disfigured humans that could not function and had to be slaughtered due to the agony that they lived with. Then as time progressed, the humans became normal but the change was simply too much to bear and it would tear the frail body of the human apart. For decades not one single human survived the transformation process. The magic user almost gave up his dream but luck shined down on the crazy old man. A woman was created. Long black hair and bright blue eyes adorned the gentle face of the woman. The crazy old man was dying and he knew this was his last chance. The woman was different than all the others but as to what the man was unsure. He took his last remaining years and taught the woman of the world. Everything from history to science and etiquette to art. She would have been considered a noble woman, if she weren't created in the laboratory of a crazed hermit.

Jirem felt weaker by the day and began telling the young woman what she was.He explained to her that she was a human like she had grown up to think but that she also had the capability to change into another being. What being exactly he was unsure but he persuaded the woman to try and change. It was the wrong choice to make. When she transformed, it was the most horrible sight the man had seen. The creature was a large wolf like thing with spikes down it's back and fire coming from its mouth, nose and eyes. It was angry and hungry and began attacking everything in sight. Jirem was caught by the large claws and slammed against the wall before the beast left the modest house and fled into the night. He slowly faded from existence as the life blood flowed from his veins.

Spoiler:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chains wrapped around a frail, beaten woman as she knelt on a strange symbol on the floor. Chanting filled the room as she raised her head to look around at the figures around her. They were wrapped in large cloaks, concealing their identities from her. She recognized a few of the voices from the Council and knew instantly what was happening to her. She was being banished from the world. She had done some horrible things out of fear and anger. The Beast would come out whenever she was scared or angry and rampage across the land. She never meant to hurt anyone. It wasn't her nature but it was the Beast's and she couldn't control it. The Council had finally caught her and decided her fate without a trial, although a trial was futile as they would banish her anyway.

A strange ripping sound was heard as the area in front of her seemed to open up. Suddenly she was pushed into the tear. Falling for what seemed like an eternity as the words of the Council followed her. "May you find Peace, Aislynn." She would keep these words close to her heart for a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aislynn lay on a large bed, eyes closed, listening to the world around her. She had been found by a group of men after falling out of the portal, she was unconscious at the time. The men brought her to Doctor Rosen and his facility. The men were kind and the Doctor so nice that she felt that safe here. They taught her many things about this world and how to act towards people. A lot of things were similar which made it easier for her to adapt. They knew of what she was and was not afraid. Instead they encouraged her to change. When she finally gave in she was so surprised at the change that she nearly cried. She was no longer a Beast. She was a great being with wings. Her whole look had changed and it was simply outstanding. She began training with Doctor Rosen, harnessing her new found power through meditation and repetition. She had a basic grasp on what she was capable of. Everything was moving along just fine until she overheard a soldier speaking to one of the attendants that brought her food.

"I heard that woman is an angel.", the man's voice was filled with awe. She couldn't see the man but could hear which hall he was coming from. She crept closer and could make out the woman's voice now.

"She is no Angel. They intend to use her for a weapon. Dr. Rosen believes he could brainwash her into believing that we are fighting against bad people so she will use her power for our benefit.", the woman talked kindly like she always did but there was something odd in her voice. A hint of satisfaction.

"Wow!", the officer said quite loudly.

"Shhh!", the woman spoke hastily. "The woman is said to hold enough power to be able to destroy the world."

"No Way! Dr. Rosen plans to use this girl to threaten the world? Or take it over?", the soldier seemed thoroughly shocked at the news.

"Actually I am not sure of his true intention. This is all I heard from a conversation the scientist's were having."

Aislynn's anger at the lying and betrayal boiled in her. She stormed down the corridor that the two were talking in, black hair flowing behind her, and pushed through them, knocking the woman over in her anger. She reached the door at the end of the hall and slammed it open, causing the men in white coats to jump up from their seats, fear written plainly on their nondescript faces. Doctor Rosen stood at the end of the table, worry across his features. "You plan to use me as a weapon?", She yelled at the man before her.

"Aislynn... Dear... Who told you such a thing?", Rosen cooed at her like he would a child.

"Doesn't matter who. Is it true?", her anger was rising quickly.

"No! Of course not Aislynn. We only want to help you."

"Help me? By telling me lies and getting me to hurt people for your gain?", she screamed at him. Her anger had reached its peak and the transformation started. Her hair began lightening and wings protruded from her back as light began to surround her. Armor like clothing seemed to appear out of thin air and the light grew brighter. Aislynn could hear Rosen begging her to calm down then ordering for a drug that would calm her down. Another man came down the hall shouting that there was intruders. Her fear kicked in as well which caused the light to grow and brighten. Soon she could no longer restrain it. The light blasted from her in a wave as she ran from the building and out double doors into a courtyard. She ran faster and harder, knowing that a running start helped her take off. Her wings started beating as she pulled off from the ground causing dirt to billow from the ground.

Aislynn flew fast to the docks, scared out of her mind and angry at the man that she had trusted to help her. She should have known better than to trust someone. Her own world had thrown her out. Why did she think another would actually want to help her. She saw the docks below her and the ocean that spread out beyond and knew that she could not make it to land if she started the journey across water. She slowed her pace and lowered herself to the ground. Her feet touched the wooden planks without much noise at all. She closed her eyes and began breathing slowly, trying to calm herself so she wouldn't hurt anyone.

Aislynn nearly jumped out of her skin as she heard a man's voice. She spun, seeing a gun pointed straight at her. Her fear began climbing once more. She took a step back, holding her hands up. There was no way she could take off fast enough to avoid the bullet. "Please.... don't shoot... just go away.... I don't want to hurt you..." Her voice trembled from the fear and anger that still boiled inside her. "I just want to be left alone.... so just leave..."

Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:45 pm

ooc: I have a photo, but my laptop is having difficulties loading it at the moment, so when I get a chance I'll add it.

Silence drifted through Doyle Fitzgerald’s small, one bedroom apartment; abruptly shattered by a cell phone’s shrill cry. Beneath a mountain of blankets, he reached a blind hand out and grabbed the device, fumbling with the mute button before rolling away with a grumble. There was no way it was seven o’clock yet. He could tell simply by the lack of shadows against his bedside wall. Probably just Quinn calling to meet for an early breakfast. But…this early?

The phone rang again, pleading with Doyle to answer. Something about the sharpness of its ring brought a wave of urgency to fill him, like a sixth sense. Finally lifting the sheets from his body, he plucked the phone up and answered without checking the caller ID. He didn’t even offer a groggy hello.

“Fitzgerald!” the voice cried, nearly as shrill as the phone’s ring. Doyle cringed and pinched the bridge of his nose in irritation in a futile effort to ward off a growing headache. Couldn’t a man get an honest eight hours sleep, at least? “Goddamnit, Doyle! Don’t ignore me!”

“Ooh, using first names, are we, Quinn?” Doyle joked dryly, yet even as the words came out he felt as though this was far from a social call. “You sound worried. What’s going on?”

“The Serg. just caught wind of the mother-load,” Quinn said briskly. “Get in here ASAP! There’s no time!” The phone clicked off, leaving a buzzing noise to echo in Doyle’s ear as he sat dumbfounded, in bed still. He wanted to ask her so many stupid questions, like why she was calling him instead of command, or why she—a lower rank—had been notified before him. From the sound of her voice, she had been up almost all night. As far as he was concerned, whatever managed to wake Quinn up obviously held great urgency. Just…why at two o’clock in the bleeding morning?

“Why couldn’t you have just called for breakfast like a normal girl?” he muttered sardonically and tossed the phone aside. He made no move for the shower, instead grabbing his uniform and dressing quickly. He was out the door in less than fifteen, not a single worry of breakfast of cleanliness biting at his mind as he started up his car.

---------------     ---------------     ---------------     ---------------     ---------------     ---------------     ---------------

There wasn’t an ounce of doubt that the second he reached the sliding metal doors sheer chaos would greet him like a heavy slap. He couldn’t have settled for being a lawyer like his father, no. Maybe an accountant like his mother? Of course not. A snot-nosed pencil pushing, lying S.O.B. wasn’t a part of his life’s agenda, not without a little excitement thrown in.  He joined not just for the adrenal kicks or for the life-threatening missions, but because he was good at it. It took no effort to be a soldier. Get your orders, follow them. Plain and simple.

Doyle drove to the east end of the parking lot until he saw two military guards nestled outside an antique yellow colored building. Upon seeing them, each guard saluted and stepped forward to greet him and he shut his car off and got out. Neither of the men stopped, seeming to take no offense as Doyle pushed past and headed straight for the buildings doors.

“What’s the situation?” Doyle inquired, waiting only milliseconds for the guards to open the doors. The inside of the building was simple; a long stretch of dimly lit hallways and vacant rooms. However, at the end of the hallway, was a large warehouse grade elevator.

“The Sergeant discovered the location of a weapon with enough force to cause destruction on a catastrophic level,” one of the guards said quickly and pushed a large red button.

The sliding metal doors opened, revealing a ten by ten corridor. Doyle entered, feeling like a minuscule speck of dust compared to his surroundings. Fresh paint wafted into his nostrils, alerting him to the freshly coated walls, an ugly eggshell color. The rest of the building hadn’t been maintained, so what made a massive elevator the exception?

The machine jolted and began its decent. Doyle closed his eyes, attempting to steady himself. The rocking motion was making him nauseated, the solid color of the walls causing claustrophobia to stretch across him.

Let it be over. Let. It. Be. Over.

“Is everything alright, sir?”

Opening his eyes briefly, Doyle nodded vigorously. “Fine. Just…fine.”

The doors opened and Doyle jolted forward, greeted by an array of stern stares. Around a large circular table, ten soldiers and a commander stood, watching the elevator retreat before narrowing in on Doyle.

“Fitzgerald, glad to see you alive and well,” the commander said briskly. “Quinn said you’d gotten yourself into quite the situation. Care to explain on that?”

“Respectively, no, sir. I prefer to hear what you have on this weapon I was told about,” he deferred. He approached the table where a large pile of schematics lay flat. They were to some underground facility, likely in enemy territory and off the usual radars. “Looks top secret,” he said with a motion of his hand. “How did you find it?”

“The Sergeant did. We’re just carrying out the proper guidelines to ensure a possible threat is taken care of.”

“I see.”

“Problem?”

“He tends to keep to himself,” Quinn responded flatly. She came in from the control room, her posture posed and proper yet the circles beneath her eyes giving away her exhaustion. She handed a folder over to the commander and nodded to Doyle.

“Any news?”

“Serg. found the entrance to the facility. We’re heading in.”

---------------     ---------------     ---------------     ---------------     ---------------     ---------------     ---------------

Of all the missions Doyle had been sent on, finding a super weapon was the least expecting of them. If it was so dangerous, why not send specially trained soldiers instead of him, Quinn, and a fleet of noobs? It made little to no sense unless they strongly believed something bad was going to go down. In that case, why not send those who are loyal…yet disposable.

“Team 1Red, head in first!” the commander shouted over the coms. Doyle was in front, Quinn flanking. If anyone had the better chance of finding their way around enemy territory, it was him. “All units, head in. We take them hard and fast, no survivors!”

Like a massive wave, the soldiers filtered in one by one into an underground tunnel. Only he had the schematics for the building.

They headed north until they reached a simple door with a deadbolt. Two men went in front of Doyle and shot the lock before barging in, their guns going off like a flood. It wasn’t easy taking another life, but deep down, Doyle knew that taking out an illegal terrorist faction was worth it if it meant more innocents didn’t have to die. Besides, they were harboring a dangerous weapon that could very well destroy the planet. Taking life to preserve it was the only way.

Doyle entered the building, but just as he passed the threshold, a blinding light engulfed him and his team. He grabbed the com from his ear, throwing it down the second static emerged at an earsplitting level.

“What the fuck….?” He couldn’t see anything. “Quinn? Anyone, come in!” he shouted.

“Fitzgerald, something just left the building!” Quinn shouted. “I can’t see it now. It looked like it was…flying.”

“Quinn, stay here, secure the area!” Doyle shouted. He headed back toward the tunnel, away from the blinding light. Had the weapon been activated? He didn’t know what could make such a light. It was unnatural.

As Doyle reached the end of the tunnel, a strange fluttering noise caught his attention, forcing him to look up at what…appeared to be…an angel? “You’ve got to be kidding me…” What the hell was going on? While Doyle remained frozen, gawking at what he believed to be a hallucination, the winged creature darted off, kicking up trails of wind and dust. Instinctively he turned away, shielding his eyes. Whatever the creature was, it was heading toward the docks.

Doyle took off at a full run, discarding his assault rifle and taking out his pistol. He had to be as fast as possible. His lungs burned, legs protesting the harder he pushed until finally… he stopped. He reached the docks, his eyes sweeping quickly over the area. The creature landed, but where? Maybe it was all in his head?

“You don’t have anywhere else to run!” he said breathlessly. He prepped his pistol and raised it, turning the corner to lay eyes upon the most divine being to ever come in contact with earth….
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)   Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature) Empty

Back to top Go down

Soldier's Crusade (Private, Mature)
Page 1 of 1