Imperium Vividae
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freelance website for the creative mind. Where anything you can dream up can be played out. Join us and see what we have to offer.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:30 pm
Statistics
We have 56 registered users
The newest registered user is Sedyr

Our users have posted a total of 3898 messages in 297 subjects
Affiliates
Suffer The Children
Lunari Addunt
Directories
RPGD Topsites
Shadowplay Topsites

Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:12 pm

Kaname and Yuriko exchanged looks. “Give me the file, please,” Yuriko urged gently, yet her tone held a type of authority that matched Kaname’s whole demeanor. “Please.”

“Yuriko—“

“Now, Kaname…”

Defeated, the detective handed his ex-girlfriend the file, focusing on her hands as she gingerly took it and placed it on her lap. For a long time, nothing happened. Yuriko stared nervously at the file while Kaname leaned forward, ready to leap out of his chair, his eyes never leaving her. “If it’s too much—“

“I can handle it,” she snapped, finally opening the file, yet refusing to look at it. Slowly her eyes fell from Kaname and onto the first photograph of Akiko. It was horrific the way the young girls skin bruised, coated in fresh blood. Bones broken, gashes marring her. Yuriko lurched forward, pretending to accidently drop the file to get it out of her sight. “It’s…almost identical.”

Like a blur, Kaname scooped up the file. “Are you alright?”

“Yes. I have no doubt in my mind that the man who brutally attacked me is also this girls attacker,” Yuriko stated with a small nod. Her eyes brimmed with tears that she forcefully kept at bay, her cheeks now turning a rosy pink. “Her attack was worse.”

“What do you mean?”

“It seems more personal. It’s as though he took his time with her, like it meant something to him.”

What Kaname had failed to tell Akiko about Yuriko, was that after the attack she went in as a criminal psychologist. On a daily basis she met with some of the world’s most dangerous men and women, somehow hoping to come across her attacker. He worried about what she would do if she actually came across him and found himself checking on her more and more these days.

Yuriko directed her attention to Akiko and smiled faintly. Her eyes cleared up and her cheeks no longer looked pink, but dead pale instead. “I’ll go make tea. Akiko, could you help me? Kaname, could you go to the vending machine and get me an iced coffee? I feel a headache coming on…”

“I can take a hint,” he muttered, getting up.

Once he was gone, Yuriko sighed in relief. “Akiko, I strongly believe your attacker is someone close to you, someone who is still out there.”
Back to top Go down
https://imperiumvividae.rpg-board.net
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:09 pm

Akiko was astounded at the simple beauty of the woman. Yuriko's natural beauty was effortless and warming. She wore no make up that Akiko could see but she was the embodiment of an angel. Akiko shook herself out of the daze that she was in and walked into the apartment. It was simple but held elegance in its simplicity. She settled herself onto the couch and looked around the room, noticing everything in the place. It was a nice place for a single woman. She could feel the woman's gaze on her as she looked around the room.

Akiko turned her gaze back to Yuriko just as the young woman asked about her file. She hadn't even been able to look at her file yet since Kaname said it might be too much for her. It would make sense that she couldn't handle it since her memory was gone but Yuriko had been dealing with it for quite some time. "If you think it will help...", Akiko spoke softly. She didn't want to cause this nice woman to relive her own event but if the woman was sure then she would let her.
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Screaming.
Begging.
Sobbing.

The three sounds that greeted Kaname as he stepped into his girlfriend’s apartment several years ago. She called him that morning to make plans for them both that evening, and he had promised to arrive at seven to take her to dinner. He rang her buzzer once, almost a second time until he noticed the splintered wood on her door. Slowly he pushed it open, revealing the furniture toppled, the rugs in disarray, and a single black cat hunkering in the corner, hissing at him. Those first moments in the doorway were like a bad dream. It wasn’t until Yuriko let out a choked scream that he ran to her bedroom to find her sprawled painfully out onto the floor.

She reached up to grab him and all Kaname could do was scoop her into his arms and hold her while she sobbed. The neighbor must have called the police, as sirens became an ever growing pitch in his ear.

“Who did this to you?”

Kaname broke from his reverie, refocusing his attention on the road when the light turned green. After the incident with Yuriko, she had broke off the relationship. He knew it was nothing he had done directly, but rather the fact he saw Yuriko in her most vulnerable state. It came down to the embarrassment and shame she felt for having been the victim of a senseless crime, her power stripped in just a simple slap to the head with a pistol. He understood. In a lot of ways, he was glad the relationship was over. They had attempted to make it work, but the strain of Kaname’s obsession at the time mixed with Yuriko’s turmoil and fear…it was all too much.

Sighing, he turned to Akiko. Had the same man that attacked Yuriko attack this girl too? The instances were unnervingly similar. Thinking on it now, it was because of those similarities that Kaname found himself enthralled with Akiko’s case. All he wanted in life was give back the power stolen from these girls, to give them a peace of mind, to allow them to rid themselves of this fear. To concur it.

Kaname pulled into the parking lot and parked close to the building. Since the attack, Yuriko had moved, but remained close to her old apartment complex for reasons that remained with her. “We’re here,” he announced. He pulled out his phone and sent a quick text message to her before turning off the ignition and getting out. Yuriko was located on the second floor apartment 22B and before the detective could hit the buzzer, a tall, slender woman with long brown hair opened the door. Her eyes fell to Akiko, her lips turning into a sad smile.

“Please, come inside,” she said, stepping aside. She led them to her living room which consisted of a white sofa and matching recliner, cherry oak coffee table, and a flat screen TV nailed up onto the wall over a small fireplace. Around the apartment various pictures and artwork was strewn about with the occasional vase taking up table space. Yuriko settled herself into the recliner, which appeared more worn than the couch, a likely indication of her favorite spot.

“Kaname, do you have her file?” Yuriko inquired, her eyes still set on Akiko. Her jaw was tight, but her body appeared relaxed. “I’d like to see it if that’s alright?” she tried again, this time directing her full attention to Akiko.

Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 Yu10
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Akiko stepped outside the room, her eyes meeting Kaname's. A smile formed on her lips. She was glad that he stuck around. She felt like if he was there with her then nothing could harm her. She would be safe from whatever evil had caused her life to be put on the edge of a knife. With his help she was sure they could find her memories and the man that harmed her and his ex girlfriend.

Akiko nodded to his question, "I will go... I need to find answers. Plus it's not like I have anything else planned." She smiled at him playfully before following him out of the hospital.

~~~~~Yuriko's Home~~~~~

The drive to Kaname's ex-girlfriends was amazing. Trees, plants, cars, people, kids, houses and animals were everywhere. It seemed like each block held its own little community. She watched in fascination from the passengers seat as they had made their way to Yuriko's. She smiled when she saw children playing, frowned when she spotted the rare homeless man and a look of longing spread across her face as she spotted couples walking hand in hand or talking happily over coffee. The wonders of the world that she had been missing from and that she still felt that she was still missing from.

Akiko's thoughts were interrupted as Kaname put the vehicle in park. She turned her head to face him, her eyes held worry but her features determined. She stepped from the car, closing the door softly behind her and walked around to meet Kaname. She was nervous as she stood close to Kaname, facing the house. "I'm... ready...."
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:46 pm

"I'll wait for you outside," Kaname said reassuringly. He didn't quite know how to respond to Akiko's response. She wanted him to be the one who stayed close? In a lot of ways, he was glad. He could talk to her more, be the first to hear new details that could shine light onto the mystery that engulfed her. Yet, another feeling emerged deep inside. What if he got too close?

Rather than beat himself with thought after thought, Kaname went into the lobby to wait for Akiko there. He pulled out his cell phone and entered his contact list, his finger hovering over his ex-girlfriend's name. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea, after all. Then again... With a sigh, he hit her name and then call. Within seconds her voice entered his ear.

"Kaname, is that you?"

"Yuriko... Y-Yes, it's me. How're you feeling?"

There was a long pause. "Fine... You want something, don't you?"

He shifted uncomfortably, uncertain how to proceed. "I have a favor to ask, but you're welcome to say no."

"Is it about a case?" she inquired thoughtfully.

"There's a girl who was put into a coma a while ago. She was beaten in the same way you were."

"When can I meet her?"

-----------

When Akiko emerged, Kaname greeted her with a smile. "I, uh...spoke to my ex-girlfriend. She wants to meet you, if you'll agree."
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Akiko watched him carefully, seeing the unease that seemed to take him over. She instantly felt bad for asking him. She didn't know anyone else but the nurse and so she simply asked without thought on how he would feel about it. She wanted to know. She had to know despite how horrible it had to be. For a few moments she sat quietly lost in her own thoughts as she stared at the hospital. If she wanted to know what happened then she may have to do this by herself. She would find out what happened to her.

Akiko moved her eyes back to the Detective and sighed, "I'm sorry. I don't want to bother your ex-girlfriend. It's not fair to make her relive this." She couldn't possibly ask someone to go through such horrible things just to help her. It seemed selfish and wrong. "I'll pick someone to stay close by like you asked but....", she spoke softer at the end as her hands fidgeted in her hand. "... Can I choose you? You believed me... and... I mean, although my dream was crazy and was far fetched you agreed to look into it... I don't think many others would have done the same..." Truthfully, she had not idea if this was the way to ask but she knew that she sounded weird by asking Kaname to look up a house that she had in a dream while she was in a coma. Even though it was a crazy idea, he didn't even protest. It could have been out of kindness or belief but either way a person would scoff at the idea. At least she believed so.

The nurse came back out of the hospital and grabbed the wheelchair, heading toward them. She looked happy. It must be good news. Akiko turned her head to Kaname, a smile forming on her lips. "I think I may be getting released from here... hopefully." The nurse stopped in front of them, "Akiko, the doctor has reviewed your file and is ready to see you." She moved to Akiko's side and helped her get into the wheelchair. Akiko looked at Kaname, "Sorry to bother you Detective." She smiled as the nurse turned the wheelchair. The nurse turned toward Kaname, "It should be about a half hour before she is released fully from the hospital and we have made the arrangements for the apartment she'll be in." With that the nurse took Akiko back to the doctor.

~~~~~Half Hour Later~~~~~

Akiko was getting dressed in a pair of faded blue jeans, a white baby doll tee, fresh undergarments, and new black sneakers. This was all provided by the nurse after the check up from the Doctor. She passed with a clean bill of health as long as she rested often so she wouldn't tire and hurt herself. After that they fed her lunch, gave her the discharge papers and gave her these clothes. They fit her well and she brushed her hair out, adding some shine to it. She set the brush down and picked up her papers, leaving the room.
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:15 pm

He was at a complete loss for words. He wasn't used to comforting the victims of the crimes he solved, just reading about the worst part of their lives and catching the bad guys. He shifted uncomfortably and cleared his throat. He had no idea where she was coming from. The worst thing that ever happened was not finding a brutal criminal that had beaten his ex-girlfriend.

Suddenly, his eyes widened, his mind clicking...piecing things together. His ex-girlfriend had been beaten and left in a state very, very similar to Akiko's He never caught her attacker and it was close to the same time this girl was attacked. Were they...connected? A shiver raced through him and he turned toward Akiko, her next words taking him completely off guard.

"Why would you want to know that?" he inquired, surprised. She had only just woken and she wanted to know what kind of shape her attacker had left her in? Maybe it wasn't so odd, after all. His ex had inquired about, but the second he started talking she changed her mind.

"I don't know if it's in your best interest, Akiko." He reached over and grabbed her file, handing it to her. "It wasn't pretty, I'll tell you now. It isn't something you will want to see, but if there's one thing I do understand about you right now, is the need to know." He motioned toward the file. "Here. If you want to know, everything is here. I'll let you make the choice whether you want to see it or not."

Kaname couldn't even begin to fathom telling her about the state she had been found in. He had seen a lot of gruesome things, but never did he have to recite those events back to the victim. Just their families, mostly. He turned away and cleared his throat again. "My ex-girlfriend went through something similar," he said softly. He glanced around to make sure any curious ears weren't picking up their conversation. "If you'd like, I can take you to see her. She may be able to help in some way, either piecing together stray details or just someone who understands."
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:10 pm

Akiko waited for Kaname to speak. She felt rude interrupting his thoughts and began to get lost in hers. Imagining the type of person that she was. Was she an awful person to sustain the wounds and the coma that she had? Was she a fighter? Or was it a mugging and she was really defending her life? There were so many possibilities that she could probably go on forever wondering about them. Kaname's voice brought her back to the reality, although it somehow felt like a dream. "Yes.. she said they were going to release me and set me up in some kind of halfway house type deal so they can check up on me and the memory I am sure." She sighed and hung her head a little. She didn't understand what kind of trauma would cause someone to be in a coma let alone lose all the memories of their life but remember how to speak, count, and tie shoes. It just seemed very weird to her.

Akiko listened to him, her full attention on his words and how he said them. Her face became a mixture of worry and confusion at the same time. "Protection... I don't know if I should make that decision...", her gaze moved to his face, taking in everything she saw there. Compassion and worry mostly. "I don't know who I am so I don't know if I am truly a good judge of character. I mean.... someone did this to me... it could be someone I trusted or thought was alright but I got it wrong..." She wasn't trying to say that she was fearful of the cops or that they had another agenda but just that she didn't know if she could trust herself.

"Detective? What injuries did I have when I came in? I am afraid the nurse will be too worried if I ask...", she spoke softly.
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:05 pm

The soft chatter of the people around soothed Kaname as he stared thoughtfully at the clouds overhead. As far as he knew, the weather forecast hadn't predicted any rain, but then again, weren't weathermen notorious for being wrong? He inhaled sharply, catching the faint scent of fresh flowers and trailing ammonia from the repeatedly opened hospital doors. It was almost enough to make him sick. Finally, after a long moment, he exhaled and spoke, his voice soft. "I spoke to the nurse before leaving your room," he said. "She thought it would be possible to get you released soon." He gnawed on his bottom lip, debating his next words, but the way he saw it, there was no delicate way to put the truth.

He positioned himself so he faced her, a hesitant smile creasing his lips as his eyes averted. "I've requested that you be placed under police protection," he said slowly. "The reason being is that...well, whoever put you in the hospital may still be out there. If they find out you're awake, they may try to find you, maybe even try finishing the job." He brought his gaze back her and watched her expression closely. It wasn't everyday he told someone that a mentally deranged person may be after them still. "I have good men on my side, several of them will be placed nearby and watching for anyone suspicious near the area. You are, however, able to choose someone to remain closest to you, someone to escort you and such." He stood and extended a hand to her. "After your release, I can take you down to the station so you can meet the officers helping me with your case. From there, you can decide which officer you'd like to have with you."
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:00 pm

Akiko smiled weakly at his joke. She sat herself down next to him, unsure of what to really say to him. She settled down next to him with a comfortable space separating them. She watched as the nurse walked inside and sighed, she would have to remember to apologize for making the woman worry. It really was a stubborn thing of her to walk so quickly after being in a coma for so long but she couldn't just sit inside a hospital room waiting for them to release her. She wanted to find out who she was. Her parents, her childhood, school, work and everything else that shaped who she was had been lost to her and it was upsetting.

Akiko looked up at him, her blue eyes searching his face for a moment. She moved her head to gaze out at the garden, breathing in deep, "Nothing is wrong... except what you already know..." She folded her hands in her lap, unsure of what to really do with them. "I just don't want to sit here and wait. It is nerve wracking. I want to find out what happened to me despite what I may find."
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:51 pm

"Are you certain you can walk on your own?" the nurse inquired hesitantly. She idled near Akiko, her arms extended out protectively. "I advise you take things slow and not be stubborn..." But as she let her patient wander further from the wheelchairs safety, the more her shoulders tensed.

Kaname, still sitting quietly by the fountain, lifted his head at the commotion; a slight smile forming on his lips when he saw Akiko. He immediately stood and closed the distance between them, his hands instinctively reaching out to hold her shoulders. "Aren't you lively..." he joked dryly. "I guess being in a coma has its restful benefits." Releasing her shoulders, the detective took a step back and nodded reassuringly to the nurse, who then glanced pointedly at the wheelchair before taking her leave.

Kaname gathered up his papers and put them away in his suitcase before retaking his seat at the fountain, motioning Akiko over to join him. "Is everything alright? You seem a bit restless."
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:40 pm

Akiko nodded to the woman, "Thank you." She was happy that she could leave the hospital. It made her uncomfortable with all of the equipment and sterilization. She didn't know what to make of the orderly that came in and left without a word to her. She shrugged it off, "It would be nice to get some fresh air especially since I have been in here way too long." She smiled at the nurse and accepted her help into the wheelchair. When she stood on her legs they felt wobbly and ached slightly with the pressure, probably due to the lack of exercise. She grabbed a robe that was at the end of the bed and slipped it on before settling into the wheelchair. When she was situated the nurse began to move down the hallway and out to the garden. "I was in a pretty bad state wasn't I?", she whispered as they hit the fresh air of the garden. "Thank you. I am going to try walking."

Akiko stood from her wheelchair, her eyes on the Detective. She stood still for a few moments gaining her balance and her thoughts as she prepared herself to walk. She didn't want to fall because she was in a rush. She smiled at the nurse as she took her first step toward the fountain and the Detective. After a few more steps, she felt a little more secure in walking and kept at a slow pace as she neared the fountain. She sat down next to Kaname, wrapping her robe tightly around her body. She did not want to interrupt him right away and knew that he had noticed her. He looked deep in thought and did not want to mess up his thinking, especially if he was on to something on her case. She gazed out on the garden and smiled, seeing the arrangement of it was very Feng Shui. The sound of water, the smell of flowers and the decorations of the garden made her calm although she was still nervous on what Kaname was thinking about.
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:28 pm

"I'm sure the police are doing everything in their power to help you," the nurse assured. "As for your release, hopefully within the next few hours. We just have to check you out again to make sure everything is alright and then the doctor will come in to speak with you." Smiling reassuringly, the nurse moved away from the doorway as an orderly came in with a wheel chair. "I imagine your legs having regained their strength just yet, but perhaps a trip to the garden will do you good?" The orderly left, seeming uninterested compared to the nurse.

"We'll take you in for x-rays soon to make sure your ribs have healed fully. A few of them had gotten broke and took the longest the heal." She moved the wheelchair over to Akiko's bed and helped the younger girl into it before beginning to maneuver it down the hallway. When they arrived outside, Kaname was outside sitting by the fountain, Akiko's file on his lap. He was looking something over, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Akiko nodded to him as he left her room. She wondered if he truly thought that her dream would be able to help them or if he was just being nice to her because of her loss of memory. He could easily lie to her when he spoke to her again and say he never found anything without looking. Would he do such a thing? She was brought out of her thoughts as the nurses began checking her over.

Akiko looked at the nurse at the end of her hospital bed and watched her eye the medical chart in her hand. "I.. I feel fine physically anyway." Released? She didn't know who she was let alone have belongings so a safe house made sense. "Thank you. That's really nice of you....", she smiled back at the woman before her. She sighed at the woman's next question and her shoulders slumped a little, "Yes... though I think he knows more about me than I do..." She moved uncomfortably in the bed as her blood pressure and other vitals were checked. "I sincerely hope that he is able to find out something for me. No matter how small." She figured that something small could trigger a memory and that it would help with the amnesia. "When am I to be released exactly?", she inquired.
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Several minutes passed and all Kaname could do was watch Akiko with his mouth agape. "It appears so," he murmured, taking the drawing. "It's not a huge lead, but I can check around abandoned housing districts and see if anything matches this or comes close." He stood and tucked the image into her file, turning to leave just as one of the nurses came in. Nodding to her, Kaname left.

"How are you feeling?" the nurse inquired softly. She eyed Kaname's retreating figure skeptically before turning her attention to Akiko's medical chart. "You'll be happy to know to that you'll be released soon. Since no family has come forward, we'll be working on finding a place for you to stay. It'll be a safe house of sorts, a place where our nurses can come see you to make sure everything is alright. Well, at least until your memory starts coming together." She offered a warm smile. "Was the detective helpful in any way?"
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:11 pm

Akiko sighed, "I know it sounds weird but I felt like I knew the place.... it was old and falling apart. I am sure no one lived there in years." This was the only thing she could remember and it bothered her that she had no recollection of who she was. "I remember the house pretty well. It is the only thing I can remember." She looked at him sadly.

She took the pen and paper that was offered her and pulled the rolling table over her legs. She wasn't going to try and get out of bed with a hospital gown on her. Even if she did not have her memories, she still had modesty. She closed her eyes as she pulled the memory foward, looking at every detail that she could. It was hard to describe enough of the detail for him to see it as well. She thought for a moment before her pen hit the paper softly and her hand seemed to move on its own. She began sketching a rough outline of the house and yard. After a few moments details were put down on paper.

Akiko looked over the drawing she had made curiously. "It looks like I may have artistic abilities..." She handed him over the paper and pen. The house on it was a near perfect replica of what she saw in her dream. She was unsure of where the house was as she didn't recall seeing any house numbers near the door.

OOC: I made her an artist all of a sudden. I plan to make it a part of what happened to her.
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Kaname placed the photo back in the file and set it aside. "Your subconscious may have just been trying to figure out who you are. Maybe searching for memories?" When she mentioned the house, he frowned and sat back, turning thoughtful. "So, in this dream you saw yourself inside an old, abandoned house?" He was grasping at straws here, but what if the girl's dream really did mean something? A long shot, but it was better than nothing.

"Do you remember what the house looked like?" he inquired finally. He reached back into the case file and took out a sheet of paper and located a pen, handing them to Akiko. "You don't have to draw, but maybe list the things you remember most? Anything you might have seen outside a window, smells. Anything at all."
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 12:30 am

Akiko turned her face back to him, "I don't know about not having memories. I am kind of lost. I do not even know what to think about...." She had been watching the news channel to keep her mind off the loss of her memories but it only caused even more confusion for her. She did not even remember world events. She had switched it off and stayed in her bed, looking out the window, until Detective Isai came. "At least you get to help others."

Akiko took the photo and looked it over with great scrutiny. That was her? She was pretty. It was also an older version of the young girl she had seen in her dream. Was the girl in her dream just her? She was silent for a few moments before handing the photo back to the detective. "I know that's me. I can feel it... but it also looks a lot like the girl in my dreams. Did I just dream about myself?" Why would she dream of herself it made no logical sense. She wanted to figure out what was going on. "If the dream is anywhere near the truth then I would like to try and find that house.... I want to know what happened to me."
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:56 pm

"Sometimes dreams are subtle manifestations of memories," Kaname said simply. He entwined his hands together and lowered his gaze to the floor. The gentle hum of the air conditioner reminded him of his youth at summer camp when the cabins would have swamp coolers that kept him up at night. He laughed softly at the memory and looked back at Akiko. "You know, not having memories isn't so bad. Its like having a break from reality. Sometimes I wish I could have a break," he said with a smile. "Being a cop can be emotionally taxing, but it's worth it when you can help people in the end."

Next to his chair was Akiko's case file. Kaname picked it up and removed a photo and handed it to her. It was a simple portrait shot of Akiko, almost like a school photo. "That picture landed on my desk. I tried to find out who had sent it, but no one knew who had sent it." It occurred to him that having just woken, there was a chance this girl had yet to see herself in the mirror. "That's you, Akiko. I know it's a long shot at this point, but does this image bring back any feelings or pieces of a memory, perhaps?"
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:37 pm

Sadness was evident in her eyes as he spoke to her. "Thank you Sir." The doctors and nurses were polite but never truly nice. She was just another patient in the hospital of hundreds that walked through day in and day out. They had grown cold to the patients otherwise they would go mad to grief. With the detective, she could not tell if he was just like them or not. She was sure that he had seen his own share of gruesome scenes and terrified victims. He would have had to close off himself to keep his sanity as well. "Sure, company would be nice." She gave him a faint smile before casting her eyes downward to the blanket that covered her legs.

Akiko was quiet for a few minutes as she contemplated what to say to him. It wasn't like she remembered anything except that weird dream she had before she woke up. It was the only thing she had to talk about. She decided to share. If nothing else it might be a clue. He probably knew more about her than she did. "Detective Isai? I don't know if it means much but I had a dream before I awoke. A large two story home... it was beyond neglected... and a girl that looked a lot like me...." She cast her eyes down. "It may just be a dream but it felt so real. Like I had seen the house and girl before...."
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:47 pm

Kaname sighed deeply and nodded. It wasn't unusual for amnesia to hit after a trauma, whether by a physical injury or emotional overload. Whoever had done this to her had undoubtedly left both marks on her. It was a monstrosity. He smiled faintly at her and took a seat in the chair beside her bed. "I didn't come down here for nothing," he said assuringly. "I'm glad to see you're okay." Yet, that was hardly the truth. The amnesia that consumed this girl's mind wad merely protecting her. What happened when she began to remember? Things would become a lot more emotional.

For a long moment, he simply watched Akiko, assessing her carefully before continuing. "Someone did some bad things to you, things that only a monster could do," he said slowly. "I want nothing more than to find whoever did this to you and make them pay for their crimes so they can't do this to anyone else ever again." If he was to get anywhere with this girl, he had to be patient. "Is it alright if I sit with you for awhile?"
Back to top Go down
Sanguis
Admin
Sanguis

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 Animeg12

Gazing at the dilapidated house that loomed in front of her,  she shivered, as though, ice had replaced her spine. The cold air enveloped her entire body, leaving her unable to move easily. The multiple layers of clothing could not protect against the deathly cold. The walkway leading up to house were cracked, weeds poked out from these cracks and wild roses grew wildly in thick batches alongside the broken cement walkway. The moonlight cast a ghoulish glow on the house while clouds plunged everything into darkness for a few moments. Vines formed a twisted maze upon the side of house, reaching their tentacles towards the roof. The walls of the house showed black decay from years of neglect. Splotches of original paint hinted at the house former prosperity. Cobwebs covered the corners of the doors and windows, tiny black spiders awaiting their prey.

The door begrudgingly creaked open at the touch of her hand. A musty, dank order invaded her sense of smell causing her to stop and cover her nose quickly. The house was silent except for the creaks and moans of protest as the house was worked by gravity.  Black and brown mold dotted the ceiling in clusters, evident of rain seeping through the roof. She entered the living room cautiously, unsure of why she was in this scary place. Windows were covered with grime and dirt, the calm moonlight struggled to penetrate the darkness but ultimately failed. Shadows seemed to move on their own. The sofa and chairs overturned revealing deep grooves on the ground where they used to sit. Picture frames hung off-centered or on the floor, shattered glass surrounding those.  

She made her way to the staircase and looked upwards. Above her stood a girl that resembled her on the staircase landing. There was no question that this woman was not human. There was an eerie quality about her that made the hair stand on the back of her neck. She wanted to run for safety, but her feet would not allow her to do so. Her very presence was so enchanting and otherworldly that sheI remained motionless, as if by moving she would disappear from sight and be lost from her memories for eternity.

~~~~~*****~~~~~

Akiko looked up at the detective as he introduced himself. She cocked her head to the side, questioningly. She was unsure why the police were interested in her and would send a detective to her. Then again she didn't even know who she was so that wasn't very surprising. She moved in her bed, uncomfortable with what she had to explain to the detective. She was sure it would make him upset that he came down here for nothing.

"Sir, I'm sorry you had to come down here for nothing but I don't know who I am or anything that happened. The doctor just barely told me that my name was Akiko. I don't remember anything at all.", she spoke demurely. She didn't exactly tell him the truth. She remembered something... possibly from a dream or memory from a long time ago. A young girl and an old house. She was not sure if she should share this since it seemed crazy to her and refused to be sent to a crazy house for it.
Back to top Go down
Jynx3d
Admin
Jynx3d

PostSubject: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:01 pm

Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 Lieute10
Detective Kaname Isai stared thoughtfully at the photos spread out on his desk, his lips taking a long drag off a cigarette. It was hard to believe that someone could be this cruel to another, to beat them, cut their flesh, and disfigure them. How had the human race come to survive at all? He snuffed out his cigarette and leaned back in his chair, his eyes finding the discolored ceiling of his small apartment. Since becoming a detective, there had never been a case that attracted him, that sent him over the edge. Until now. Except, he hadn't the slightest idea why this case attracted him. There must have been dozens like it come across his desk, yet nothing ever struck his honest interest.

He turned back to the photos and shuffled them all into a pile before stuffing them into a folder. He couldn't bring himself to look at them anymore that night. The discolored bruises, the cuts; all done to an innocent girl. She was lying in a coma at the hospital with a slim chance of recovery, or so the doctors had told him. His boss's stern words still stuck in his head, telling him to just let it go. Accept the fact that the case had reached a dead end. So then, what drove him to uncover the truth for this girl? What made her unlike any other?

The silence within the apart shattered by his phone's shrill ring. He flipped it open and held it to his ear. "Isai." The familiar voice of his former partner and friend entered his ear, instantly setting forth a spiral of bad memories into play. If she was calling, there had to be a good reason for it.

"It's Hana," she said softly, almost breathless.

"Is something wrong?"

"You received the case of the girl who was beaten and cut, right?" There was a long pause. "She's awake and you're the only one qualified for the case." Judging from the low note in her voice, Hana was likely declined the chance to work the case, probably in the form of an insult, too.

Kaname chuckled softly, but it was hardly of amusement. It sounded nervous, if anything. "Are you certain she's awake?" he asked finally.

"Why would I lie to you?" she snapped.

"You've done things worse than lying, Hana. With you, anything's possible." He flipped the phone shut and tossed it on the couch. He headed toward the door, grabbing his coat on the way. If what she said was true, there was a lot of work ahead of him. Possible embarrassment if it turned out to be a complete lie. Either way, his curiosity had gotten the better of him.

Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 Leaf-l10

Kaname turned into the hospital parking lot and cut the engine. He sat there for a long moment staring up at the white building, going over the case details in his mind.  Truthfully, he didn’t know what to expect, just that it mattered greatly to him. He opened the door and got out, heading inside and toward a nurse station where he offered the girls name.

“Are you family?” the nurse asked incredulously. Kaname shook his head and pulled out his badge. “Oh, my apologies. She’s just down the hall, to the left.” Nodding, he brushed past her and toward the room. There he gently knocked before cracking the door.

“My name is Detective Isai. Do you think you could answer some questions?” He felt almost bad for coming right away. The girl had only just woken up, it was likely she was still reeling from everything that had happened.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)   Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghosts We Once Knew (Private, Mature)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2