Imperium Vividae
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freelance website for the creative mind. Where anything you can dream up can be played out. Join us and see what we have to offer.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:30 pm
Statistics
We have 56 registered users
The newest registered user is Sedyr

Our users have posted a total of 3898 messages in 297 subjects
Affiliates
Suffer The Children
Lunari Addunt
Directories
RPGD Topsites
Shadowplay Topsites

Bane of my Life (Private/Mature)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JenivueGrimm

JenivueGrimm

Bane of my Life (Private/Mature) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bane of my Life (Private/Mature)   Bane of my Life (Private/Mature) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Telos sighed and then said,"This mission is of the utmost importance. It is incredibly dangerous given our history with the enemy and anything could go down. Besides, for the Athena to be part of this mission is critical if we are to re-establish them as civilians. The need to keep the Athena locked up in our bases and always having them out on the front lines could be broken with this treaty. For them to be part of this mission could very well give them the edge they need to get hold of a neutral standing with the people. We could have then Athena finally be able to live the lives they once knew. They could be reunited with loved ones. Or at least have it so that they can live outside bases free from the fear of being killed... I had to ensure that this mission goes off without any troubles. For the treaty to happen. That is why they are in our ship. You are our top ranking Captain. In this militia, you have been entrusted with missions of the greatest importance."

Then a thought occured to Telos. Though he hated to say this he then smoothly said,"Besides, given your stance, you should be happy to have them aboard."

He knew this would probably throw him off so he continued,"Should things go sour, wouldn't you rather have 'disposable' units instead of sacrificing a human life?"

Oh how he hated himself for saying that. He wanted to pacify Jacques but that still didn't mean that he liked what he said. Dehumanizing the Athena was strictly against his morals. However, if it meant that slightest chance that Jacques would lose the train of thought and go in the direction he wanted, the Athena would benefit from his lie. Already he could feel his stomach churning and twisting painfully. Guilt making him physically sick. He would work through it though. He hoped the mission would go down as it should and that there wouldn't be any troubles for the two Athena. These two were personal units whom he had shared his days with for a long time. Even when he got promoted to Admiral the three had stayed. Above all they were the most skilled that he had ever seen. It was a shame to him that since his promotion they hadn't seen the light of fire while their siblings-in-arms were out on the front lines. Most nights the two often fell asleep on the couches in his office.

Both were excited to finally get back out on a mission instead of playing conversation for him. While their presence was a comforting thing to have while he did his work, he knew that being there was both very boring to them and a waste of their abilities. They sparred some days just to try and keep themselves from growing rusty. They both became Athena because they felt that it was needed in the battle to keep loved ones safe.
Back to top Go down
FuhenSaru

FuhenSaru

PostSubject: Re: Bane of my Life (Private/Mature)   Bane of my Life (Private/Mature) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:32 pm

Deep breath in… hold for 4 seconds… exhale slowly for 4 seconds… repeat

This mantra is what he was reenacting without any sort of hiccup. It was working even as the screen was connecting to his superior. But that smile is what made all that preparation for naught. It was smug, he knew what he was doing to Jacques and the very sanity of his ship. The fact he went over his head about the one thing it was clear he was against? Just absurd.

“Not to be disrespectful but you know exactly what I want to speak to you about…Admiral.” He stood at attention, arms at his side, hands balled into a fist, standing straight and still with his head held high, his tone was frank and stern but that was just how he was when conducting business. “I understand the reason to have extra protection for such a valuable mission but to have….Athena aboard my ship? Is that necessary?”

It was surprising just how easy this was for him, if he had his choice of what he would say a couple curse words would be used in every sentence that he used as well as him definitely not calling those harpies by their actual names. “If you intended on them to be a part of this mission then you could have left me out of it. You understand my stand on their kind just like the rest of the universe.” His many years in the military have left him with such poise and professionalism that even though he was greatly against this direct violation of his every being he could express it in a very careful manner.

“Sir, can I ask why you brought them on board of my ship? Even to go as far as to approve them passage without my approval?” Of course he was curious, he was furious as well. Both traits easily seen in his eyes and demeanor but there was no way he was going to break his bearing to a superior officer.
Back to top Go down
JenivueGrimm

JenivueGrimm

PostSubject: Re: Bane of my Life (Private/Mature)   Bane of my Life (Private/Mature) EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 2:09 am

There was a ringing on Admiral Telos' computer screen. A feminine voice then said,"Call from: Captain Jacques Atlas. Priority: Urgent. Would you like to accept this call?" Telos sighed and said,"Put him through." When they connected Telos smiled and said,"Captain Atlas, punctual as always. What can I do for you?"

It was obvious that he was purposely keeping out the fact that he had forced Athena onto his ship. Acting like nothing was wrong and everything was fine. Even thought he damn well knew that to Jacques everything wasn't fine. Hell just looking at the fuming man before him, he could see that Jacques had met and knew that the Athena were on his ship and would remain so until the end of the mission.

Already he was preparing the transference of command over to Jacques. Yes, he knew that Jacques was definately going to give it hell. Yet he had anticipated this. Again, the man's hatred for the Athena was well known. Not only that, but he was forcing his will onto Jacques' ship. Even from an outside point of view, it was a bit disrespectful, but a necessary action. He wanted things to go down smoothly. For the Athena to be able to finally be pulled from battles. For them to be apart of this momentous action. Such a positive event would give them a bit of forward movement. Movement that they were in desperate need of.

The reaction and relationship that they now had with their once loved ones had gotten so bad in the beginning that they were all put as military housing. Parents and siblings turned on them, spouses and friends immediately hating them. This led to an increase in 'Malfunction' incidents. The stress and depression getting so bad that their bodies rejecting the very machinery that kept them alive. It always ended the same for those unfortunate enough not able to struggle out. The 'liver' of the machinery malfunctioned and refused to work anymore. Then the Athena died of Heavy Metal poisoning. It was such an incident that got them such a bad reputation in the first place.

It was all because of the story of an unfortunate girl whom had been named 'Data'. One of the first to experience the 'Malfunctioning' after her husband divorced her, took her baby away without a single chance of visitation. When her Liver gave out, its first victim had been the baby that she had been carrying. It was only a couple of hours after she was released from the hospital that some dumb ass had put this emotionally wrecked woman out onto the battlefield. With a verdict that she would die.

The massacre that ensued laid out the pathway for years of trying to regain a neutral foothold for the Athena's. Both sides were fighting a common enemy that night. It took three whole days to put down the single most infamous Athena... Data, Class: Brute.
Back to top Go down
FuhenSaru

FuhenSaru

PostSubject: Re: Bane of my Life (Private/Mature)   Bane of my Life (Private/Mature) EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 11:00 am

Jacques was doing his best to try to calm himself down before his chat with the Admiral but was not having any success with it. As he walked to his personal quarters he could hear whispers and small talk of the two Athena in the examination room.

It seems everyone had their own version, "Hey did you hear? Two Athena came on board... you think the Capt had anything to do with it?"

"Maaann... those Athena are HOT. I hope to get a chance to meet one of them..."

"You really think the Captain approved those two machines to be on board this ship? You need to go to sick call."

He just could not get away from it. By the time he had gotten into his room his deep breaths that were supposed to be calming were furious pants that anyone who saw him right now would swear they could see smoke coming out of his nose.

Going straight to the center of his room he stood in front of a massive one way window looking out into the dark abyss of space. "Captain Jacques Atlas, 45368." Once he finished speaking a screen appeared from the glass blinking every couple of seconds waiting for a command. "Connect me to Admiral Telos priority......urgent."

Still severely pissed off about this clear breach of command, along with the fact that it was well known he was a clear hater of the Athena, Jacques was about to get to the bottom of this if it meant walking on the fine line between disrespecting a higher ranking officer and insubdordination.

((Sorry about the lateness! Been really busy.))
Back to top Go down
JenivueGrimm

JenivueGrimm

PostSubject: Re: Bane of my Life (Private/Mature)   Bane of my Life (Private/Mature) EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 3:13 pm

Techa had dragged Mecha away quickly after they were dismissed. Both sat in the examination chairs across from one another. Techa's screen being a far shot more calmer than Mecha's. Mecha's examiner was having a hard time getting a base stats from the fuming woman. To this Techa said telepathicly,"If you continue this up, your going to malfunction and die of heavy metal poisoning."

Mecha now focused on the girl and replied,"Like you weren't pissed off too." She forced her mind to put it at rest.

"That may be but I can let these things go. After all, our mission barely has anything to do with him. In the end, Admiral is law. We have our main mission from him. No amount of counter orders can be given. We are to stay on this ship and protect its crew until it has returned from its peace treaty mission... And then...", Techa stared wishfully out a window.

Mecha looked down and continued for her,"And then we can finally live civilian lives. No more going from one battle to the other. The Admiral can focus on working to get us back into our old lives." That was the end focus that the Admiral had in mind. He had been in more than enough battles, both current and past. Working hand in hand with the Athena. Hell it was even an Athena that stood by him when they were cornered by enemy troops. She had bore most of the torture. When the rescue team finally found them, it was only the Admiral that they found. The Athena having given the ultimate sacrifice.
:::
The Admiral sat at his desk. He was signing some documents and had everything set up for the peace treaty mission. The two Athena having already send out their arrival signals.

Telos already knew that when Jacques called in, he would be facing a very unhappy Captain. He couldn't blame him. He had forced Athena into his ship. His hatred was no secret to the Admiral. Yet he needed the Athena to be on the ship. In case of the worst the Athena would be able to handle things. Though, he hoped for the best. The Athena were a very unfortunate type of soldiers. After they volunteer and have the surgery done, they were outcasted from everyone. Always having to fight and deal with the harsh reaction of people whom they had loved. With the peace treaty, they would be able to pull the Athena from the front lines and start them on their civilian lives. The extention of human rights was a start, but it only barely kept everyone in line. They could work on helping the Athena's get back to their normal lives.
Back to top Go down
FuhenSaru

FuhenSaru

PostSubject: Re: Bane of my Life (Private/Mature)   Bane of my Life (Private/Mature) EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:33 am

If a war could be started on the Athena’s believe it that Jacques would be leading the front lines or at least its main supporter. Seeing the tailed one ready to retaliate caused him to instinctively drop his right hand to the holster strapped to his right thigh. His aim was impeccable for being a human, if they really wanted to try their luck then he would show them the legends and stories behind his name were very much true.

While hearing the introductions and explanations from Techa, he skimmed over the device that was handed to him all while his other hand rested on the grip of the weapon resting in the holster. Looking to see who authorized all of this, it left a sour taste in his mouth to know that  the Admiral would go over his head like this and especially without warning. “This goes without saying but I am almost certain you realize I have nothing to do with you being on my ship.” His voice was as cold and intimidating as he was, but for Athena they should have expected to receive this type of greeting from him.

In his eyes this was very unfair, he had no control of what was going on and was the last to know about such an important piece of this mission. Oh if he could express to the Admiral about what was going on in his mind at this moment without being court martial-ed then for starters these two things would have been ejected off his ship and left to drift off into space for eternity.

“It amazes me how such a high ranking officer is completely onboard with Athena. He must have never been in the front lines and always sat behind a desk for his entire career... Do what you are ordered to do and nothing more. I do not want to see you, hear you, smell you, or even catch a hint that you are in my vicinity. I will deal with the Admiral on my own.” No dismissal needed, he did not want to look at them any longer than he had to. Knowing he had to allow them nearly full control of his ship for any amount of time was painful, having to deal with them face to face was asking for some type of altercation.

Without even a hint of saying goodbye, Jacques faced away from the two Athena and began walking down the halls toward his own quarters. He would have a chat with the Admiral immediately regardless of what he was doing. There were only a few things he would let slide and roll off his shoulders. Not informing him that two Athena were a part of this Peace Treaty mission and that they would be riding on his ship was just not something he was going to stand for.
Back to top Go down
JenivueGrimm

JenivueGrimm

PostSubject: Re: Bane of my Life (Private/Mature)   Bane of my Life (Private/Mature) EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Mecha had a cruel smirk as she said unintimidatedly, "Figures you'd be the commander this shith-" Techa quickly covered Mecha's mouth and used her tail to yank her away and behind her. Both glared at each other.

Techa then said,"Commander Atlas of the S.S. Orion, Troop Inveritimo. Our sincerest apologies." The girl kept an iron grasp on Mecha's tail as it flailed about to get free and the claw tried to open. Finally Techa turned and said,"Sniper Class Athena, Techa and my partner is Kunoichi Class Athena, Mecha." She held out the device and continued,"Ranked as Triple A situation, Admiral Telos sent us as an extra precaution in the event of the worse. We are both trained and ranked as Triple S. Our current destination is to the medical bay for a full check and tune up as ordered by Admiral Telos himself. Also before we take off, we also ask you to make sure all of the personnel attending this mission are fully logged. After our check up, we are authorized to completely lock everyone out of the data mainframe for a period of two hours as we register their files. In the case of the worst, we are obligated to notify you now that should any person be excluded from the files, they will be slaughtered on sight. In the two hour period, you will notice that many of your systems will not respond. Such as those pertaining navigation. We have been notified by the admiral to let you know to contact him after you have received this information as to commence transfer of command over to you."

Techa finally let Mecha's tail go as the woman finally decided to cease her hostile actions. Both had done the same exact speech many times for lesser missions. Mostly it was Techa doing the talking as she was the more collected of the two.

She rotated her claw to realign it before deciding to grit her teeth and wait until they are allowed to continued on their way.

To saw she hated this man, would be an understatement. Every Athena knew about his opinions and petitions to have them shut down. In the Athenean community, he was public enemy number one. A threat to their very lives. If it were not for their utter effectiveness and the fact that the admiral was the main supporter of the Athena Project, she'd probably be dead by not because of this asshole. She heard Techa saw through their telepathic connection,
'Be nice...'

'I'm seeing red', Mecha replied to the girl.
Back to top Go down
FuhenSaru

FuhenSaru

PostSubject: Re: Bane of my Life (Private/Mature)   Bane of my Life (Private/Mature) EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 4:09 am

Bane of my Life (Private/Mature) Digita10

Over the years he had seen his fair share of war. Dealt with the tragedies of death and sorrow far more than any other man should. He had seen fathers, mothers, sons and daughters lose their lives protecting their loved ones. Fighting against a tyrannical enemy who just wants to destroy everything in sight. He had fought through the ranks, earned the trust of his peers and his superiors equally. Now leading a ship of his own he commands with both fear and respect.  His name is well known amongst enemy and of course his own fleet. Commander Jacques Roman Atlas.

Commander Atlas was a rather large and strong man, his body was marked with gunshot, stabs, claw marks, bite marks and anything else you could possibly imagine. He was your textbook hero on paper but understood that sacrifices could be made in order to complete the mission. His grey eyes had dulled and hardened over the years. He was a very scary man to deal with one-on-one, not to mention he was one of the few humans that had respect from the known races of this universe.

Sitting in the conference room with a cigar between his lips with an ashtray on the table in front of him. His face was blank and his eyes cold, he had perfected the ability to hide his emotions but when being dropped with this type of information it was hard to contain himself. “You are telling me, there are TWO of those things on my ship?” He was utterly calm, but his aura could turn a man into stone. Matter of fact, the messenger who was unfortunate enough to deliver him this message was doing his best not to piss himself. “Uhh… Y-yes sir..” He did his best to try to avoid his Commander’s eyes but he seemed to be drawn to his dead-like stare which only caused his vocal cords to lose synch with the brain which had him pause and stutter through most of his words.

“Who authorized this?” Jacques looked over the paperwork, and saw that the Admiral had signed it.

“Uh-uh.. A-adm-mm-…”

“Calm down kid I know this is far over your head.” The messenger was new clearly, if he wasn’t then he would have had far more confidence and bravery when speaking to him. “You are dismissed, go back to your duties kid.” There was nothing more to be said, plus Jacques was finished with his cigar so there was no reason for him to be here any longer.

There was no misunderstanding that he disliked the idea of having Athena in the Militia and was very vocal about it. He had petitioned their dismissal more than once but was denied many times. Matter of fact, he had a personal dislike for them but kept that part to himself. Knowing he had two of them on his ship just put him in a bad mood all together. It was like being aware of some flies in the room but not being able to shoo them out or swat them dead…

Walking down the halls, his head was clouded with thoughts of how he was going to address this problem. Not to mention the Admiral of the Fleet decided to sign off on this knowing Jacques had a clear issue with this. This was his ship, anyone being stowed away, Athena or any other species, it should go through him no matter if they were here for protection or any other reason.

So deep in thought he had completely was unaware of anyone around him. Eventually he had nearly ran over a couple of women and even though they clearly had no idea who had hit them he knew he was in the wrong and was not about to chew them out for disrespecting a senior officer. “Oh my apologies I have a lot on my mind… no fucking way.” He laughed under his breath, taking a step back and wiping his hand on his clothing where he bumped into the “woman” as if she had spilled something on his uniform.

“You want to repeat yourself?” Now he had no remorse for these beings nor felt like apologizing for running into them. Again, he was a large man, standing a head taller than most human males and was considerably strong for his species as well. “You are already on my fucking ship without my permission and now you decide to disrespect its commanding officer? I would assume you two have balls but clearly you are modeled after women.” He spat the words out as if they were making him nauseous.

“Do you two have anything to say for yourself? No…?” He sensed the pause, he was already angry for them being here, now this? Oh that was just asking for something to happen. “How about you start with, ‘Sorry Commander Atlas we were not paying attention to where we were going.’” He lowered his head so that he was eye level with Mecha, the one he had bumped into, and spoke in a low menacing voice and waited for her to repeat what he said.
Back to top Go down
JenivueGrimm

JenivueGrimm

PostSubject: Bane of my Life (Private/Mature)   Bane of my Life (Private/Mature) EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 12:32 am

Bane of my Life (Private/Mature) Mecha_by_jenivuegrimm-d6ivonm

Two women walked through the halls of the renown space ship, the S.S. Orion. Both were part of a very 'misunderstood' group. They were called the Athena's, cyberneticly enhanced humans. Well other's thought of them as weapons who take on a human husk. Most people believe that during the process the human soul dies. Entirely not true, it's just that some if not most of their organs were replaced to support the new devices. One thing that was the first to be replaced were the livers. Early in the experiments, it was found that the enhancements were causing heavy metal poisoning. A completely new one was required to filter out the poisoning.

Mecha was a Kunoichi type of Athena. Her combat style involved distracting her victims before killing them. Her tail was a very useful weapon in her arsenal. The girl next to her was a Sniper. Her entire left eye was taken out and replaced with a sort of 'mock eye'. It made her shots come with deadly accuracy. Last test they did, she shot a penny from 50 yards away. Each knuckle was enhanced and connected to a larger device above the wrist. It steadied her hands so her gun wouldn't move as much.

Normally one wouldn't see an Athena anywhere but on the battle field. One reason is because of the reaction to the Athena's despite the extension of Human Rights for them. However, it was also because they were heatedly in battle with a rival force. Their abilities were needed.

Yet here they were on a spaceship. Mecha looked down at the holographic screen in her hands. She held onto a small device that emitted it. Techa, her Athena sister, looked over to her and asked as she grabbed the device,"So what are the details of our mission?"

"For the next few weeks well be on this ship as it heads toward neutral territory. We are to protect the ship and its inhabitants. We're are watch over the signing of a peace treaty with the rival force. We are being accompanied on our mission by one of the Militia's renown groups."

At this Techa looked over at her and asked to herself, "Which one?" She scolled down as said,"Sector Alpha... Sub Sector 9... Group Imperio..."

At that Mecha looked over to her and said,"Group Imperio?... Don't tell me its..."

Techa shook her head as she said,"Yep, damn bastards sent-"

Mecha stumbled into Techa's path, nearly making both girls trip, when a man had walked into her. She growled and said as she looked to see who it was,"Hey watch where your going, Ditz!" However she glared as she saw who it was. Techa groaned and rolled her eyes as she looked away as both of them said,"Troop Inveritimo..."

The most anti-Athena troop in the Militia. Their leader was a man well known for his thoughts on them. Which was that the Athena process was actually killing unfortunate volunteers and putting weapons in their place. In the Athena communication tree, he was the one person no one wanted to work with. He wanted the Athena project shut down and all Athena put down. Says that not only is it inhuman but also Athena were 'too dangerous to have around'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bane of my Life (Private/Mature)   Bane of my Life (Private/Mature) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bane of my Life (Private/Mature)
Page 1 of 1